Our detailed, evidence-based approach has won us friends in the sector. We work with many charities and organisations to share the concepts and processes we have developed. This takes a number of forms, including:
- Short sessions.
- Covering the basics of how stories can create change, and providing practical tips and techniques which attendees can instantly apply. These are often in the form of a ‘lunch and learn’ session, or as part of a wider training day.
- Growth and capacity building.
- Internal training programmes aimed at expanding the capacity of staff to come up with creative ideas, drive action, and generally communicate with a range of audiences (whether they be friendly, indifferent or hostile).
- Third sector events.
- Speaking at industry events such as CharityComms, the Directory of Social Change, and for the Institute of Fundraising. Topics range from theory-based (the evolutionary development of storytelling), to instructional (methods for delivering powerful narratives), to real-world case studies alongside clients.
- Bespoke one-off courses.
- We create bespoke courses for clients, tailored to their exact needs. We also teach courses on Storytelling for the Content Marketers Association.
“We have been running a programme of content training in the National Trust for five years. Stephen’s presentation on story-telling is always a highlight for the delegates. They love his combination of expert theory and practical guidance, backed up by superb videos that make you laugh and cry. Our ability to tell our wonderful, authentic stories through our own content is central to the success of our communications strategy, Catsnake have been helping us achieve that.”
Daniel Dodd, Director of Communications & Content, National Trust.
For the past five years we have run a training program for staff within the National Trust, from marketing professionals (who are outstanding in their field), through to Rangers (who are quite literally, out standing in their field). So far we have trained over 1,000 staff members via day-long workshops in small groups.
Amnesty International UK
We designed and ran a series of training days for the vast majority of Amnesty UK’s staff. We covered methods of communication and re-framing to help them appeal to Britain’s ‘persuadable middle’.
‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions
We have run more than 35 sessions on storytelling within the offices of UK charities of all sizes. This includes Girlguiding, The Scout Association, The Royal British Legion, British Lung Foundation, British Heart Foundation, Sightsavers, Synchronicity Earth, Campaign to Protect Rural England and Friends of the Earth.