Job Title: Office Assistant
Company: Catsnake: The Story Agency
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Salary: £11.05 per hour/£20,111 gross p.a (pro rata)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Catsnake team as an Office Assistant.
Catsnake is a story agency for the third sector. We use a combination of storytelling, in depth research, behavioural psychology and rigorous creative systems to produce campaigns, films and strategies for charities like UNICEF, WWF, the RSPB, Scope, Amnesty, the National Trust, St Mungo’s and Greenpeace.
Our focus is on telling stories that change beliefs and behaviour. We believe deeply in the power of narratives to engage, entertain, and lead to positive change for our communities, our environment and our collective future.
We have a highly collaborative, relaxed culture, driven by laughter and creativity and fuelled by many cups of tea.
For examples of our past work visit catsnake.com.
What we’re looking for
This exciting new role at Catsnake focuses on providing administrative support to the team across all our projects, as well as helping to ensure the smooth running of the Catsnake office.
The role is 8 hours a day, Monday-Friday and at the present will involve flexible working from home and in our offices at Somerset House.
We are most interested in meeting people with a keen eye for detail, good organisational skills and a very strong work ethic.
Please note: even though we have historically primarily made tv adverts and online videos this is not a production role. There may be some of that involved, but it isn’t a huge part of the job on offer here.
- Support with project management.
- Setting up meetings, drawing up agendas and taking minutes.
- Collating notes and logging feedback.
- Co-ordinating and updating diaries.
- Creating schedules and budgets.
- Proofreading documents.
- Answering telephones.
- Providing general administrative support to all staff.
- Maintaining the computers and equipment in the office.
- Keeping office supplies stocked.
- General housekeeping duties around the office as required.
- Making teas (and some coffees). We like tea.
Ideal skills and experience
- Excellent command of English both in written and verbal form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
- Experience with project management software (i.e., Asana, TeamGantt, Slack, Trello, Monday).
- Basic skills in Adobe Acrobat and InDesign.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise workload and work effectively in a busy team environment.
- Excellent team player.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify, set-up and maintain systems and processes.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Likes tea.
How to apply
To apply, please email [email protected] with the subject heading “Office Assistant – [Your name]” and include a CV and a brief cover letter (no more than 500 words), telling us a little about yourself, your favourite animal and why you’re interested in the role and working with us.
Please also ensure you include two contactable references. We will only accept applications via this email address.
The application deadline is Sunday 20th February 2022. No applications can be accepted after this point.